I understand now. Now that I cry less, the meaning and significance of tears has changed. I still cry when I am sad, but I also cry when I am overwhelmed with joy.
I cry because I feel so grateful to have endured such pain, and be in such a beautiful place now. I cry because on Saturday mornings I can sit with a cup of tea and enjoy the warmth that only a morning sun can bring, and I am full of love, despite chaos. Surviving has turned into thriving, and I love giving my energy back to youth in the position that I once was in, because there is hope for change. I can see that myself, because I am no longer empty.
But I cry for other reasons too..
like being able to truly connect with my friends in a significant caring relationship.
or being able to travel with my body intact and a mission to learn.
or having enough confidence to know that I have a beautiful soul and I can share it.
And these days, I have more tears of joy than tears of sorrow.
*I have also consciously made the decision to infuse my apartment and living space with things that promote warmth, peace of mind, and inspiration. Because of this, when I clean this is what my sink looks like:
I actually did not notice this until I looked up from my listless thoughts about laundry, and I saw how it laid out and I felt that I had to photo document this.
And lastly, a flower that I picked just for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment