Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Internet, A Positive Haven

One of the most amazing aspects of the internet is the speed at which it enables people to connect with one another.  This also has its pitfalls, but if you use the internet in a strictly positive way it really is amazing what the results can be.  In moments, you can find a blog that reenergizes you or renews your spirit, a forum of people discusses something that interests you, an article that gives well-researched information about a topic that you always wanted to investigate, or a friend that you can find some comfort it.

Like most things, the internet can be as positive as your outlook and your utilization of it.  Utilize it for the positive, and that is what it will yield to you.  Heck, sometimes, when I am in need of some good advice, but my wisest mentors are unavailable, I google search for morale enforcements.

In fact the other day, every time I opened my laptop to use it for something, I made a pledge that I would write someone a kind message over e-mail or facebook.  This made my time intentional, and what I did afterward was filled with the genuine happiness that I felt for letting someone, whom I appreciate and care for, know that I cared for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment