Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Leaves.. and wallpaper

One of the less pressing, but more interesting things, on my mind this morning is wondering if it is possible to make wall paper out of real leaves.  Is there a way to seal a layer to prevent decay, or could one layer decay and be replaced as to hold true to the natural process of life?  I've been thinking about this because I seem to collect at least one beautiful leaf that I would like to keep forever every time I go out.

My body is still incredibly sore from the ropes course that I embarked on on Sunday, Waldhochseilgarten, Jungferheide.  Check it out, it is pretty swag.  When I was zip lining and doing the other obstacles I thought to myself that this would be the closest I would ever come to fulfilling my dream of being a woodland pixie. In essence, this brought to fruition a big dream of mine.

There was a point when I first started a red course, and I thought for a moment that I would just give up and start crying in my harness because it was too difficult.  Surely, someone would come and get me.  Fortunately, for my pride, this was a minor lapse in upper body strength and I was able to pull through for the next 45 minutes that I was on that track, and did not need to be removed from the canopy. 
I must admit, one of the biggest motivators to not falling was the pain I felt when the harness caught my weight.  Although I have a few bruises from the course with 10 zip lines in it, I am satisfied with my performance. 

And this is our Spanish speaking friend. 

After awhile, he became a bit too comfortable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment