What did I manage to do with myself? Some routine shopping, coffee, and mingling in the city. I took the S-Bahn around the entire city for the first time. There are so many places in Berlin that I never have the need to frequent, or even visit by chance.
Yesterday, I meet up with a group of people from MeetUp (if you don't know what this is and are looking for people to hang out that share the same interests as you, utilize this resource.)
The state of Brandenburg is one of least densely populated states in the whole of Germany, so there is a lot of empty space. An additional plus to this, is that the towns are very quaint German villages that have very traditional houses and pubs. If you ever wanted to feel like you were walking through Grimm's fairy tales, this would be the place to go.
Due to this low population, Brandenburg has some great hiking trails. We decided to go on the Kunsterwandweg Hoher Fläming, which is literally translated to mean the "art hiking way". Along the 17km trail there are various pieces of art to see and ponder upon on at your own pace. At the beginning of the walk you make your way through a village entirely dedicated to art, and there are numerous little galleries and cafes designed around this theme.
Look at that giant stork's nest.
Can you interpret this art?
We even stopped to pick some apples. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment