Now that I am unable to sleep:
Thank you. Thank you for showing me that my closest friends really do have the best judgement, and that my initial assessment of character was correct.
Thank you for showing me that maturity does not lie in age, but in the manner in which you approach and engage with others that are giving you their time and energy. People's time and energy are the most valuable things that someone can give. Through those two things, someone gives you portions of their life and their love. Don't underestimate that, it is powerful and significant.
This is a great chance to take that time and utilize it to strengthen and deepen meaningful relationships and experiences. Thank you for giving me that future time to invest in current and new relationships. Although initially selfish, your actions are for my benefit. A large painful consequence is better for realization than small occurrences that add up over any given period of time. Without being willing to give, you were willing to take. A sign indicative of a young, young mind on a journey. A journey that I have long surpassed.
One of the main things that has changed from that time is my ability to recognize the power that identifying the positives can have. I am happy and glad, and feel free. Free knowing that I was honest and genuine.
No comments:
Post a Comment