"Life is not about weathering the storm, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Today I left work a little early to work from home, so that I could pack for South Africa and pick up a package from my apartment office. I thought I would only be picking up one package that had the power adapter, which I have neglected to pick up for the last week due to the fact that I haven't been home during office hours. Dragging my bags, I expected to pick up one package but to my surprise I had six packages waiting for me. My wonderful friends had sent me random gifts of love. The last five days have been so work heavy that I wanted to cry from exhaustion and I could feel the bags under my eyes. These reminders of love lifted my spirits so that I could make a space for me to be excited about my upcoming travel.
And after a trip to Target's sale section, the bank, the post office, and the library I am ready to start my packing endeavor.
My fun and safe travel pack for South Africa includes:
X Backpack
X Water Bottle
X Passport
X Copies of Important Documents
X Eye Mask/ Ear buds
X Digital Camera
X Jeans (2)
Long Socks (2) whoops, forgot those, will need to buy some
X Light Jacket
X Socks (3)
X Underwear
X Sports Bras (3)
X Cloth Shorts (2)
X Khaki Shorts
X Tank Tops (3)
X T-Shirts (2)
X Long Sleeve Shirt
X Mosquito Repellent
X Malaria Pills
X Sunglasses
X Wrist-Watch
X Sneakers
X Bathing Suit
Flip-flops forgot these too....
X Inhaler
X Medications
X Shampoo/Conditioner
X Razor
X Toothbrush/tooth paste/floss
X Mouth Guard
X Deodorant
X First Aid Kit
X Cash
I hope this will be okay, and I am leaving plenty of room in my checked bag.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment