Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Settling on Black Coffee

Tonight, I went to a SERVAS meeting at a Pakistani/Indian restaurant.  Throughout the past few weeks, I have been looking over the internet for different groups to join in order to broaden my experience and share it with like-minded people.  On Sunday, I took a four hour tour of Berlin with the Berlin Historical Association. Both are amazing communities of intellectual stimulating people.  The problem is that I am about 30 years younger than most members.

Let me rephrase that, it is not a problem. Because I have plenty of friends that are my age that I can entertain myself.  I think my presence at these events excites some and surprises others.  It has just made me realize that in my heart, I am an old soul that would be perfectly happily engaging in intellectual humanitarian analyzation, traveling to learn, and drinking black coffee.

I also want to write a disclaimer, that I in no way, am a photographer.  I takes pictures of the way I want to remember things, which is mostly likely in my point of view.

Under this willow tree, I spent some time reading Lolita.  This is in the Tiergarten.

A great view of the Brandenburger Tur

And this is the new installation of the profile of the first man who attempted to assassinate Hitler.  The tour guide from the Berlin Historical Association also pointed out that his profile faces the building that used to be the national propaganda office for the Nazis.  Behind his profile is the site where Hitler committed suicide.  Now this is an apartment building.  The Germans choose not to preserve the site because they did not wish for the site to become a Nazi shrine in the future.
Oh these Germans, so intentional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment