Blogging is always a challenge for me, so I knew that there would be gaps like this that amount to a week at a time. When you first move to a country, the first week is full of excitement. The next week was full of the realization that I would be here for a year. I would be blatantly lying if I said that the past week didn't leave me feeling a little homesick. Being without a bank account and suffering from pretty persistent allergies didn't make life much easier.
Alas, I was able to make a bank account today and was able to get out a little bit this weekend which helped soothe my "Did you really make this decision to go abroad at 3am in the morning and then followed through with it? Are you sure that was your best move?" thoughts.
On Friday, the children had a student holiday and we went on a family field trip. We went to the Panoramapunkt, which gives you a great view of the entire city without the lines and the frustrations that await you if you wish to visit the Berliner Fernsehturm. However, I think I will go on a trip to the Fernsehturm in the winter, because I think the desolate view would be breathtaking. The Panoramapunkt also has a great exhibition of the history of Potsdamer Platz. Berlin has such a rich and interesting history with a great combination of characters.
That night I spent my first night out until 5am. This is of course, something that I tell myself I will never do but end up doing anyway, because that is the nature of nightlife in Berlin. The next day I went to one of the boys' choir concert and their SommerFest, followed by a long nap, and a night of babysitting.
Sunday, I spent the day checking in with myself. The past year has had so much movement and I was feeling a little whiplash from having had surgery, graduating from college, taking an internship were I was traveling and on the go, a week to get ready to go abroad, and then landing in Berlin. Most of the day I spent at Viktoria Park , which has this man-made waterfall that has the ability to soothe my nerves when I feel unable to do that on my own.
Yes, this entry was entirely personal and I hope to add depth to my entries soon, but at the moment, I am a bit overwhelmed with the fast track of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment