Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Coffee Dates and Gym Visits

The most notable events during my weeks are usually my day trips to meet friends for coffee and my daily visits to the gym.

Having had a long hiatus from the gym, I am still sore every single day.  However, using the machines at this gym is so exciting because they count the number of reps you do, how long it takes you to do them, and it times your pauses between sets. Every day I get a little more comfortable to use another machine.  I have yet to manage the courage to go into the dressing rooms, and see what the locker situation is like.

Today I went out to Friedrichshain to attempt to find a gift for Verena's birthday on Wednesday.  Given that she is a fashion designer, it os very difficult to shop for her.  Also, given that all of the stores were closed until 12, and that was when I had to meet Constantine and Daniel for coffee, I was completely unsuccessful.  It seems that I will have to venture out early tomorrow to go gift shopping before I go to Verena's birthday brunch.   Despite my failure in gift shopping, I was able to make a stop at the East Side Gallery.  The East Side Gallery is a part of the Berlin Wall that remains standing that has art from various artists on it.


Berlin's street art is some of the best in the world.  The attitude around it is also great.  It is work that brings the city together rather than dividing classes of people.  Most of the large works were done by artists who were paid to cover damage done to buildings in WWII.

The things art can do for moral and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment