Monday, January 26, 2015

Mondays Are not Fun Days

Kate Joy got a job in Santa Clara, which means that we will have our Femme House in the East Bay this summer. She is my mini-me, and it is going to be awesome.

Yesterday I was suppoed to go kayaking with Clare on Lake Washington and go to quaker church with Lindsay, but the flu is making its way through Seattle. So, I spent the day working and took a five hour nap. It was glorious.. Until I couldn't sleep that night. But, the upside to that is that I was able to meditate.

I have found that as I transition through life, the visual image I have when meditating changes.

Phase 1: I was always in a prairie field in a biege sundress on a swing at sunset. The swing was attched to the tree by a long cured rope.

Phase 2: I had long curly hair in a sundress, but sat on a boulder in the sun on the side of the river. The trees didn't stretch out to the water's edge, but the bruch was thick until that point.

Now: I am standing in the middle of a light waterfall, and I am laughing. It is in the jungle, and I feel joy.

That's my search right now: Joy.

And tonight, I will go to Add-a-ball and drink cider over Pac-man... after practicing for NALSA moot court that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment