"What day is it?"
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.
Saturday rainy mornings give me a chance to catch up on the news and on updating myself on the blogs I use to re-center myself. This morning I had the pleasure of a common thread. I love the idea that you can treat every day as something marvelous and new. If you just stop, put your mind to the side, and appreciate the beauty or humor in the small things than you can smile. Sometimes people say I have a sardonic smile, but I am just trying to analyze something while maintaining a positive outlook. If the situation is negative I try to think what I can do to improve my surroundings. Yesterday, I was riding the bus to Pike Place Market to take some pictures of the fish market. After a few stops, a few people sat in all the seats around me. For some reason, I couldn't stop smiling at the bright green Sounders jerseys or the man who took part of a newspaper to wipe the blood of his ankle. I also noticed that there was newspaper all over. When I got up to leave, I picked up all of the newspaper and waited for my stop. Everyone started talking to each other about the Sounders game in the back of the bus when I left. Before, we were all looking at each other but weren't exchanging any words. I loved listening to the shift in conversation.
There is this Project called the Best Day Project started by a young woman in San Francisco. For the majority of her lived life, she had been suicidal. When she turned 24 she vowed to turn things around. She wrote out 365 things that she would love to day and every day she chooses one from a bowl and makes it the BEST DAY EVER. Some of the tasks are time consuming and large endeavors, but some consist of the mundane everyday things that can be great depending on how you approach them. Could you imagine what life would be like if you approached every moment as if it was a great journey that you were embarking on.
What would your outfit be? Would you bring any essential tools?
We can make everyday a favorite day for a different reason. It doesn't make it less special, it makes it different.
No comments:
Post a Comment