Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Law School

Yesterday was my first day of law school. I was stressed for 75 percent of the day.  Do you ever have days when you just want to go home and not talk to anyone because all of your energy has been spent?  That was how I felt. It wasn't because I had engaged in really active things, it was because I had such a heightened anxiety level. Over the next few weeks, I really need to brainstorm some ways that I can calm myself down within a class.

Also, during my first class, I answered a question before my professor finished the question. It turns out the last two words were qualifiers for what he wanted, and I didn't have an exact example and thus left him silent for a few seconds. THE ONLY ONE THAT DAY. Woo, what a great first impression. This left me stressed the rest of the day. AND, I become frustrated when we can't follow the schedule in class and since everyone wanted to show how intelligent they were, we barely got through two slides in that class... they were 19 in total. Yeah. I am a firm believer in having a solid base of knowledge before delving into a world of hypotheticals. the professor was trying to teach use how to approah those f'in crazy situations that you posed, but you wouldn't let him finish.

I also realized that I am one of the youngest people in law school, and thus it is okay to not have as much background knowledge. So good to be 23 and starting this path. I learn so much every day. Yet, it's stressful so I bought myself a gluten-free vanilla mini-cake to celebrate completing my first day as I watched trashy tv. (Don't worry, I went to the gym first...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment