Saturday, September 14, 2013

Scribbling Love Letters on Whiteboards

Dear Em,

Tonight I spent hours scouring the internet for the perfect quote to fill the better half of my whiteboard.  I wanted to find something that I could read every morning for the next few days or weeks and I would fill full and ready to take on whatever I faced in the world.  My whiteboard quotes are very important to me. They remind me to be kind to everyone I meet, despite my struggles because I have no idea what their personal battle looks like. They remind me the hardest part of the day is choosing what mindset that you are going to face the world with.  After all of my searching, I settled on the quote you sent me.  I wrote it in cursive, in pink. The first few words are fifty percent bigger than the rest. When I finished the first two lines I realized that if I continued to write that large that I wouldn't fit the entire text. But I kept the disproportionality. Love is the biggest word. It reminds me that I am not perfect, but it doesn't matter. Our love is a choice. The qualities that bind us together wil never fit into a geometric shape perfectly, but they fit us.

No one has given me quotes to fill my whiteboard before, except my good friend Marta, but that's different. She has the same habit. You just gave me material to make me smile throughout my day. I didn't prompt you.

When you gave me lilies, you sent me a card that said "I dare you to love me."  I want to tell you that I am taking that dare. I'm taking that dare because it is the least risky dare I have ever had to take in the name of love. I'm taking that dare because to me it really isn't a dare at all.

I trust you. Never before have I trusted anyone that I loved. This is what has always been missing.

Em, I don't need you. I trust you and choose you to be the one I love. I know that I will not be the only one carrying this relationship. I know that we can walk together equally and that if one of us needed help, the other would be there to support them. You are capable, kind, joyful, observant, thoughtful, and supportive.  Your work ethic and playfulness ensure that you could provide a stable life with many unforgetable moments.

You inspire growth and give me great material for my whiteboards.   Pictures of you may not line my walls, but your words line the curves of my spirit throughout the day.

Love,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment