The essay that I just wrote may have been the most powerful thing that I have written in the lest six months. Realizing this has been a little frightening, because my friend, I am in law school and I am writing all of the time. This realization means that what I have been writing has been crap, which is evidenced by my journaling for the past year. But yeah know, who is paying attention anyway? Law school is just biting off bits of my soul little by little.. oh well. Oh, and perhaps I should more heavily edit my material because I accidentally handed in a mid-term that did not have a complete sentence, and that one point mark-off means something here.
Before I went to law school, I loved to write prose. Now, my writing is formuliac and I can see that it is having an impact on my personality. This is my attempt to infuse any sort of creativity into my life.
Friday, February 21, 2014
Funny. Today I began reading a book about writing and the writing process. I have realized why I felt stuck in the writing process for the last year. I need to warm myself up before I begin writing. I need to let myself get out the mess and the stress becfore I can say something that is powerful. For some reason, I had become so overcome with a fear of the audience that was reading that I began writing horrible work product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment