I learn fastest when mortified. Proof- today. I had an interview with a U.S. Attorney for the 7th Circuit for a federal 1L clerkship, and of course, I mixed up PST and CST. It was comical how fast I went through the transition from nervous to blaise because I thought that I had ruined the entire interview process. Luckily, he was patient and moved me on to the next round.
Next round, judicial interview. Next interview with the ABA… Friday. Hopefully I move through the ABA so that I can ensure some funding for my summer.
Embarassment #2 of the day: Going out to the bar with other law students to review finals, ask the waitress for water, she goes to the public pitcher for everyone and pours your glass. Ouch, did not mean to seem privileged. Bam. The worst part is- she remembered me from previous visits and was being so nice… I just never ordered water before. (maybe that says more about me then her going to get me water…)
…..on that grind.
No comments:
Post a Comment