Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Fosters

Foster Care Alumni Network of America, California Chapter, had a special pre-screening of the new ABC Family series The Fosters tonight at the Tower Theater in Roseville, California. 

Wow, so many thoughts on this show.  I can't share all of them yet, but it is definately a must watch and I will find a television to tune in every Monday. While I have some very real critiques, mainly due to the fact that Hollywood has a way of masking or glossing over certain details, I find that the way the producers engage with foster care issues and lesbian issues to be surprislingly tasteful and progressive.

Tune in. Watch it. Educate yourself about the issues, and if you can't find the correct resources ask someone to help you. ( After the screening, we had a group discussion and a man took over and inserted his conservative agenda over the entire show. I find it necessary to point out that you may need to famarilize yourself with some thing after-the-fact because we don't always come to the table knowing everything, and that's okay.)

More thorough critique when it airs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment