Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Adventure Time

Well, my flight to Portland turned out not to be as productive as I would have hoped.  I sat next to a woman who worked for the Horizon airline and she gave me a tour of Oregon from the sky.  The view of Crater Lake was amazing. Unfortunately, I was too embarassed of my excitement to take a photo.

When I landed in Portland I took the MAX light rail to downtown in order to catch the Greyhound to Seaside, but when I arrived I realized that there were no other buses headed to the coast that day.  As such, I was stranded in Portland.  Walking around the city, I stumbled upon the food trucks and had some friendly conversation.  The people of the Pacific Northwest are a rare and kind breed. It was delightful.  While waiting for someone to drive the 120 miles from the coast, I had a conversation with a man on the steps of a Korean Church.

So in the end, I didn't write a comprehensive blog post on anything in particular, but I had a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment