What is your most recent act of generosity?
This year I have openned my doors to many people. My couch knows so many new and old faces. My couch knows musicians, academics, military vets, and close friends.
I wish I could collect some of the dreams of the people who stayed here, and keep them like a memory book. Could you imigane the impact of a memory book of dreams of people who have stayed over your house? Maybe I would ask that lovers be excluded.
Recently, I have let a friend stay over to just let her vent about law school. I pick her up in the mornings and we go to the gym. Then we go to class and she comes over to study late at night. We all just sit together. We laugh on that couch, come close to stress tears on that couch, and make dreams on that couch.
Talking about generosity is odd, because acts that could be considered generous are just naturally engrained into my daily routine. So they don't seem overly generous. Those acts are what makes lives bearable. My favorite act of generosity lately is being more open and inclusive of my friends into my daily life.
No comments:
Post a Comment