Thursday, November 14, 2013

Rainy Mornings

Every day I walk. I walk to and from law school, which is just over 2 miles.   I haven't been able to peel myself out of bed as early as the first few weeks of school, but I am usually on the road by 7am.  Putting my scarf over my head, I walk into the Seattle rain.

Seattle rain is different than rain anywhere else.  It isn't foreboding, it invites you to walk. You may get a little damp. You may choose to wear sturdier footwear. However, the rain never blocks your line of vision. I would be lying to you if I said walking through the rain in Seattle didn't feel like I was walking through a music video.

Yes, sometimes I would really like to take the bus.  In the mornings, often I dread going to class and I just want to plop myself on the sidewalk, and then I realize that if I did that no one would come looking or even tell me o get up off the cement and go to class. After I realize this, I convince myself that that takes all of the fun out of being stubborn.

Ha, because I am 24 now. And even if I lived near more family and friends, I doubt that they would tell a 24 year old what to do not to be a screw-up.

The weeks are going by so fast. I know I am missing moments with my friends. Hopefully this is worth it.

I don't have the energy to spend on responding. My energy lasts just long enough for me to take care of myself and complete the work needed for law school.

xoxo
Crys


No comments:

Post a Comment