Let's re-write life with drawn out adjectives and over emphatic verbs. Let's infuse the drab misgivings of yesterday with a colorful fire that strangers would be envious of. Let's deceive ourselves with the beauty of language...
Before I went to law school, I loved to write prose. Now, my writing is formuliac and I can see that it is having an impact on my personality. This is my attempt to infuse any sort of creativity into my life.
Monday, May 26, 2014
Wooden Deceit
The wind was blowing softly, and I sat down on the neglected wooden swing in the backyard. Green leaves popped out of the decaying section of the next tree. Swinging back and forth, I thought about what we would all write on your headstone. My words seemed harsh and unnatural- perfectly fitting for a concrete memorial to a young life full of regret and pain. But I didn't want my words to be fitting. I wanted my words to left you up to everything that I knew you could be. As if words in death could re-write life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment