Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Night, A Night

To my very lucky surprise I had a marvlous night eating seaweed salad and vegetarian sushi followed by a stroll in the Capitol's Rose Garden.

(It's hard to articulate the feelings I have about the Trayvon Martin case.  I think it illuminates why we need to analyze the systematic implementation of racist public policy and how even a jury can be left with their hands tied when confronted with it.  In order to ensure that every person in the U.S. receives their constitutional right to a fair trial, the laws that are being enforced need to be representative and fair for the populace seeking justice.)

This was all after I gave a driving lesson to a youth. Tonight was the first night that we left the parking lot. I now truly understand the fear that parents have when teaching their children how to drive.  Alas, I only had to grab the steering wheel once in order to save us from an accident.  Although, it is notably difficult to keep a monotone instructional voice when inches away from grazing the car to your right.  
But, progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment