Grief can be a sadness that brings all of your memories with that person and related to that person to mind. Riding that emotional roller coaster hasn't been the best experience, but has allowed me to see the reltionship and closeness that I still feel to my home in New Jersey. It's a little too strong for my liking. When I left the first time, I always thought that I would never be back and the people that I knew that were outside of my family expected me not to. So why did I?
I guess it was just a toxic attachment to my past. There are some great people back in New Jersey. Yet, when I go back I never stay in their positivity. I always get pulled back to the strife. How does one really break ties with where they are from? To not lose the appreciation, but the pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment